As readers might guess, the discussions on the Jihadi forums are almost entirely devoted to Gaza (there’s some on Somalia–more on that later this week). I’ve culled the most representative posts from the Faloja forum:
- The forum administrators warn that anyone who is unduly critical of Hamas will be kicked off during this time of crisis. They’ve also asked that any security-sensitive information not be posted. This hasn’t stopped members from debating whether Hamas should be excommunicated or from posting early news of Gilad Shalit‘s injury during Israeli bombing.
- One member asked for information about American and Israeli embassies abroad, prompting a torrent of responses (addresses, ambassadors, etc).
- Another member, `Abd Allah al-Qurashi, has posted a list of suggestions for what Hamas should do next. One suggestion is that Hamas release Salafi militants it arrested [presumably members of Jaysh al-Islam] and rearm them to fight against the Israelis. Another is that security officers in the Interior Ministry should remove their clothes and be armed with Qassam equipment, which should be easy since most of them are already affiliated with Qassam.
- Asad al-Jihad2, who some believe to be AQ senior leader Hukayma, has called on the mujahids of Hamas (i.e. Qassam) and members of prominent Jihadi-Salafi organizations in Gaza (Jaysh al-Islam and Jaysh al-Umma) to unite and reject the help of Iran, Hezbollah, and Fatah leader Mahmoud Abbas, who are selling them out.
- There is clamor for a statement from Bin Laden or Zawahiri.
- The powerful Saudi cleric, `Awad al-Qarni, has released a fatwa permitting attacks on Israeli interests anywhere in the world. The fatwa from Qarni, who has been derided by the Jihadis in the past, has been repeatedly posted on the forums and applauded.
Update: As Shlomo points out in the comments, I may have confused `Awad al-Qarni with `A’id al-Qarni. If so, then `Awad is the author of the fatwa and `A’id is the object of the past criticism.
Document (Arabic): 12-28-08-faloja-asad-al-jihad2-statement-on-gaza
Document (Arabic): 12-28-08-faloja-members-who-criticize-hamas-will-be-kicked-off
Document (Arabic): 12-28-08-faloja-qarni-fatwa-permitting-attacks-on-global-israeli-interests
Document (Arabic): 12-28-08-faloja-request-for-information-on-american-and-israeli-embassies
Document (Arabic): 12-28-08-faloja-steps-hamas-should-take
Document (Arabic): 12-29-08-faloja-demand-for-a-statement-from-aq-leadership-on-gaza-crisis
Document (Arabic): 12-29-08-faloja-on-whether-hamas-should-be-excommunicated